Many Oregonians are struggling with unemployment, foreclosures, rising health insurance, and dwindling access to a high quality public education and vital services. To tackle these fundamental challenges and support a strong middle class, Oregonians are shaping bold initiatives. House District 46 has a champion who works with state and community leaders to shape the following priorities:
Growing Oregon’s Economy
Oregon needs targeted investments to compete in the world economy.
- Create living wage jobs by increasing local capital and loan participation to businesses ready to expand
- Make Oregon a leader in the emerging green economy by investing in public transit, buildings, natural resources, agriculture, and energy infrastructure
- Support the cleaning of contaminated sites to enable new development
- Increase investment dollars and economic stability through tax reform
Investing in Our Children
Oregon needs a world-class public education system to prepare our youth for a vibrant future.
- Reverse years of underfunding education at all levels
- Promote PE, the arts, and community service in K-12
- Align early childhood, K-12, and post-secondary systems
- Ensure that education is geared for the 21st century workforce
Promoting Healthy Families & Communities
Oregon needs comprehensive public health, human service, and public safety strategies.
- Promote long term health by increasing access to nutritious foods, exercise, a clean environment, and a livable community
- Invest in housing, transportation, and vital services for vulnerable populations
- Transform how we promote good health practices and cost-effective health care
- Protect civil rights, including a woman’s right to choose and equal rights for GLBT members